Edument Cloud Center
We invite you to join Edument’s Cloud Center (ECC), assisting Edument’s clients in developing cloud native applications. It’s a team of software engineers specializing in building highly distributed software to be deployed on common cloud platforms.
About the team
We value an open mind, a firm grasp of the fundamentals and reasoning from first principles.
We pool our combined knowledge and experience, and evolve our expertise as needed, to solve the problems at hand.
Whether the project is building a data streaming solution with Apache Kafka, helping a client migrate a monolithic Java application towards microservices with Kubernetes or implementing a secure GraphQL API backend, this team continuously adapts to get the work done.
About the work
As a member of this dedicated group, you’ll work in-house on demanding projects according to established cloud native principles and patterns.
Responsibilities shouldered by the ECC include:
- Designing secure, service-oriented architectures that run the gamut from greenfield initiatives to migrating existing monoliths to microservices.
- Building scalable and platform independent topologies based on containers and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines for deploying application artifacts.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, powered by Terraform, Ansible and similar tools.
- Utilizing technologies such as Apache Kafka for event-driven and data streaming solutions.
The ECC supports customers on their path towards cloud-native via application development efforts (though not in an ongoing operational capacity), and educational offerings such as courses, workshops and seminars.
As a team member, you’ll be involved in all aspects of project delivery and expected to learn and grow your skill set in relevant areas continuously, so as to contribute to and expand the scope of ECC’s services. You’ll also take part in hiring decisions, mentor new employees and influence team and company culture.
Ready to tackle fun and challenging problems across a multitude of business domains, using cutting-edge, cloud-native practices in a remote-friendly setting?
We consider a candidate’s full range of experience and strengths when evaluating their potential to succeed in this team, and would like to see you go beyond your love of code and embrace the softer virtues of developing software.
Finally, be open and honest, and tell us what makes you happy at work.